General Liability Insurance
General liability insurance (GL) is coverage that can protect you from a range of claims including property damage, bodily injury, personal injury and more that can arise from your business operations.
General liability insurance is often joined with property insurance in a Business Owners Policy (BOP), but general liability insurance is also offered to many contractors as standalone coverage.
General Liability insurance is a part of the general insurance system of risk financing to protect the purchaser (insured) from the risks of liabilities imposed by lawsuits and similar claims. It protects the insured in the event he or she is sued for claims that come within the coverage of the insurance policy.
Who Needs General Liability Insurance?
As a business owner and/or contractor, you need general liability insurance to protect your company.
A single incident could result in a lawsuit that you may not be able to handle. A great way to defend against this position is to make sure you have sufficient general liability insurance.
Some employers might also require you to carry a certain amount of general liability insurance before you can work for them as a sub-contractor.
General Liability Insurance for Contractors
If you’re a contractor, you might only need general liability insurance and not a Business Owners Policy (BOP). For instance, you might not own any commercial buildings that need property insurance, or need to cover operating costs or payroll. However, you can still be exposed to liability risks in your profession.
- Quick & Easy Online Form Or Give us a Call 800-962-0054 and get a Quote from one of our Friendly Agents
- Same Day Certificates of Insurance to your Customers
- We will Shop the Best “A” rated Carriers for you
- New Construction, Room Additions, Service and Repair (including Apartments & Condos)
- Commercial, Residential, Industrial
- All Types of Contractors including Home Builders, Framers, Roofers, Plumbers, Excavation, Grading, Plastering, Drywall, Concrete, Janitorial, Handy-Man and more…
- We Provide Superior Customer Service and Quick Claim Reporting
- Blanket Additional Insured’s with Primary Wording, Waiver of Subrogation at NO Charge
- Very Low Premiums and Down Payments (payment plans available)
- Accounts with Claims – No Problem
- Additional Insured Requirements – Just let us know what you need.
Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Tools & Equipment Insurance
Bid bonds make sure that contractors submit serious bid proposals. These bonds reassure project developers that bidders have the financial credentials necessary to accept the job. If a bid is selected and the contractor declines the job or retracts the bid, the project developer can make a claim on the bond to recoup the difference between that bid and the next-highest bid. Learn More
Performance bonds guarantee that contractors complete projects according to contractual terms. If a contractor fails to do so, the project developer can make a claim on the bond to access funds that can be used to pay a second contractor to finish the job. The Federal Miller Act requires that performance bonds be used on all federally funded projects worth $100,000 or more. Learn More
Commercial Auto Insurance
Business service bonds protect consumers from the potential theft that could be committed by company employees who work in clients’ homes or offices. Business service bonds are optional insurance products that are purchased by many different types of businesses, such as. Learn More
- Contractor License Bonds
- Contract Bonds
- Bid Bonds
- Performance Bonds
- Business Bonds
- Employee Dishonesty Bonds
Let Us Help You Prepare For Anything That Comes Your Way.
A lot of companies quickly realize their insurance needs go beyond basic liability and commercial auto insurance. Some jobs require specific types of coverages such as business general liability insurance that gives you protection that may fall outside of basic coverage.